We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our eighth grade team at Park View Middle School. We hope that this school year promises to be a valuable and enriching experience for your child.
This is a most critical year in the students’ life as it will be a transition and preparation for high school. We expect that students will be responsible for their own education. We expect that they will come to school prepared with all that is necessary to succeed this year—class materials, homework, projects, etc... We will be utilizing ASPEN as a way for students and parents to always know what homework was for the day. There will be a Crazy 8 homework page on
ASPEN. Each teacher will be putting the assignments on the homework page every day. Access to these assignments is as follows:
- Locate and add the Crazy Eights Homework icon
Please review the list of student responsibilities and rules listed on the back of this letter. We believe that these guidelines and rules for student behavior serve as a map that will allow your child to have a successful and enjoyable school year.
We look forward not only to working with you this school year, but also to the many rewarding experiences of learning and teaching. We believe that when parents and teachers work together, students will achieve success thus preparing them to be the leaders of tomorrow.
If you should have any questions or concerns during the school year that require an appointment to meet with our team of teachers, please contact our guidance counselor, Mrs. Marisa Parris 270-8092.
Mr. Carl Bishop Mr. Lloyd Bochner Mr. Douglas Breene
Science Social Studies Mathematics
Ms. Lynne Goodwin Mr. Peter Guyon
Back to top
- I will be prepared for class with my books covered, pencil, pen, notebook, planner, and homework.
- I will report to class on time, take my seat, and be prepared to work.
- I will remember that the teacher and not the bell dismiss me.
- I will be courteous and respectful at all times.
- I will treat school property with care and respect.
- I will treat others the way I would like to be treated. I understand that any form of
harassment will not be accepted.
I will not chew gum.
I will raise my hand and be acknowledged before I speak.
I accept the responsibility to finish all assignments, including work missed due to absences, guidance, or other appointments.
I understand that it is my responsibility to arrange a time after school in which my teachers can give me extra help.
I understand that it is my responsibility to know the team homework policy. I understand that if I do not complete my homework I will still be responsible for all material to be used on quizzes or tests.
Back to top
Crazy 8 Team Rules
- Lav passes- Once a day, within first five minutes of class!!(For core classes, including period 1. Planner must be signed!
- Lockers(a)- No going to locker other than designated locker times.
- Lockers(b)- Any locker found to be rigged(any locker that can be opened without doing the combination) will result in a detention for the student committing the offense.
- Make up policy- Any test or quiz with a grade under 70 will receive a sign and return stamp. The student will return the test/quiz the next day! They will then have one week to set up a time to retake the test/quiz. The best grade the student can achieve on the retake is a 70.
- Homework policy- Students will stay after school to make up home work missed on the same day to receive half credit. No credit will be given after, but student is still responsible for the material.
- Homework page- Please be aware of the Crazy 8’s homework page on ASPEN. Here you will be able to see each teacher’s homework for the day. If there is no homework the teacher will write that there is not any.
- Park View planner- Please adhere to all policies, rules, and requirements spelled out in your planner.
Back to top
Crazy 8’s Team Homework Policy
To underscore the importance of reviewing, retaining, rewriting, et cetera, lessons learned throughout the day and to emphasize the necessity of deadlines, the Crazy 8’s homework policy includes the following:
If a student does not turn in his/her homework, the student will have detention the same afternoon to complete the missed or incomplete assignment for half credit. This will be their 24 hour notice.
Please encourage the students to use their planners to write down all assignments. Parents will be able to view Crazy 8’s homework page on ASPEN to see if and what their students have for homework each night.
Thank you ,
The Crazy 8’s Team Teachers